APPLICATION FOR A STUDY PERMIT – UNIVERSITY CHECKLIST
You MUST submit the following:
- University Checklist – Attach THIS checklist as a cover sheet to your application.
- Application form fully completed (all questions answered), dated and signed, indicating your personal mailing address, reliable phone contact, and your personal email address (if you agree to e-mail communications).
- Family Information Form and Student Questionnaire (leaving no gaps).
- Original, valid passport for yourself and each family member requesting a visa, as well as a photocopy of the bio data page.
- Two passport photographs with a white background for yourself and each family member requesting a visa. The photographs should have your name printed on the back, dated and taken in the past 6 months.
- Letter of Acceptance from your prospective University in Canada stating unconditional admission, course title, duration of study, level of study, start date (multiple start dates, if applicable) and latest possible date of admission.
- Use of a Representative form (IMM 5476) (if applicable)
The following documents are STRONGLY recommended:
- IELTS test results taken within last 24 months
- Photocopy of the most recent diploma/leaving certificate, and most recent mark sheets (for entire program; consolidated mark sheets are NOT acceptable)
- Copy of medical examination form IMM1017 if you opted to undergo a medical examination before submitting your application.
- PREFERRED OPTION for proof of funds: Evidence of purchase of a special Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from a participating Canadian financial institution, in the amount of $10,000 CAD to cover living expenses for your first year in Canada and evidence of payment for your first year’s tuition. See information on the following page for information on how to obtain a GIC. As an alternate option, you can fulfill the financial requirement by submitting a copy of the receipt for the first year’s tuition fee AND a copy of an Educational Loan from an IndianChartered Bank equivalent to $10 000 CAD. See information on the following page for the list of acceptable banks.
- Copy of receipts for payment provided by the University (pre-payment of first year is strongly recommended)