quebec immigration eligibility factor
Applicant wishing to work as live-in caregivers in Québec must satisfy certain requirements:
- Must have successfully completed 11 years of primary and secondary education.
- Must have acquired at least six months’ experience in this type of work in the five years before applying for a Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ)
- have received at least six months’ training at a vocational school for this type of employment.
- Must understand French or English and be able to express themselves orally in one of these languages.
- Must have signed an employment contract with an employer in Québec.
The Quebec immigration selection system for this type of visa calculates a candidate's ability to become economically established and to integrate and adapt to Quebec culture.
Applicants must meet the minimum points requirements. Applicants bringing a spouse or common-law partner must meet a higher pass mark in order to gain a Quebec Selection Certificate (CSQ).
However, under this route, visa applications are still subject to assessment by the Canada immigration service body, Citizenship and Immigration Canada, (CIC).
CIC will require documentary evidence to demonstrate your ability to support yourself and your family and to prove that you do not have any criminal convictions.
We note many people who like this page also viewed Federal Skilled Worker Occupations to see if they were on the shortage skills list.